Position Summary: The BT is a paraprofessional who practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). The BT is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans developed by the BCBA. The BT will also collect data, conduct certain types of assessments and communicate with parents on a daily basis.
- HS Diploma. Preference given to individuals with bachelor’s degrees and those seeking certification/degrees in behavior analysis, special education, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- Experience working with children and those with autism or other disabilities is highly desired.
- Successfully complete a criminal background registry check at the time of application.
- Obtain the RBT credential. Training is provided free of charge but employee is responsible for all testing and certification fees charged by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Obtain certification in Basic Life Skills/CPR and First Aid with a hands-on component (paid training provided by BTS).
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance in good standing
- History of strong attendance record, ability to accept constructive feedback from supervisors, and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, and make-up
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and community members
- Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures and to abide by the ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Commitment to maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA laws
- Commitment to on-going training and development
- After school (3-8 pm) availability as well as Saturday availability
- Willingness to travel up to 30 minutes from home to client locations within the metro-east St. Louis area
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift and carry clients
- Able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, bending, squatting, climbing, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time
- Able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time
- Be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior
- Manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic functions for data collection
- Able to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication, computer, electronic devices, and paper means
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implement behavior support plans in a 1:1 and group setting
- Follow prescribed skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior
- Communicate with parents, caregivers, and other professionals regarding client progress, as instructed by the BCBA
- Implement crisis management procedures in accordance with training
- Assist in skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments
- Assist in preparing client materials, as instructed
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment
- Collaborate with treatment team during team and interdisciplinary meetings
- Implement behavior support plans using best practices.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending required trainings
- Maintain all certifications, licenses and trainings necessary to maintain credentials.
- Part-time positions available. Full time positions available after successful completion of training with the company.
- Flexible work schedule
- Compensation is competitive and based upon education and experience (starting between $12-$16 per hour after RBT certification). Opportunities for pay increases based upon performance.
- PTO for part and full time employees
- Health Insurance Benefits for full time employees
- Ability for advancement
- If working towards BCBA or BCaBA, supervision hours will be included.