Behavior Therapy Specialists is pleased to offer consulting to CILA homes in the State of Illinois operating under the Department of Human Services. Funding for behavioral services is a part of each client’s award rate and our services do not cost the agency any additional money.
Why Choose Behavior Therapy Services for Behavior Consult Services?
Prior to becoming an owner with BTS, Jessica Dow served as a DSP, QIDP, and later Residential Director for group homes for over 10 years. Her team is sensitive and responsive to the unique needs that group home managers face with consistencies in programming due to high direct staff turn-over, difficulties in finding times for large group training or scheduling on-going training, and obtaining staff buy in for behavior programs. Her team will work creatively and collaboratively with CILA supervisors to meet the unique challenges facing behavior programming in a group setting.
Standard Services Offered
- Conduct behavioral and skills assessments
- Develop behavior support plans and protocols (utilizing agency/crisis intervention specific terminology if using a crisis management system such as CPI, Safety Care, etc).
- Conduct ongoing observation of clients in the home, workshop, and community setting
- Provide training for staff and family members
- Monitor implementation of the behavior programming
- Consult with staff, medical providers, and other service providers as a part of the interdisciplinary team
- Collect and monitor data
- Provide monthly reports on client progress
- Service as a member of the behavior management committee and/or human rights committee, as requested
Behavior Therapy Specialists pleased to go above and beyond traditional behavior consulting services (at no additional cost) by also offering the following enhanced services:
- All trainings can be offered in-person and through recorded presentations allowing staff who are not able attend in person access to the same material
- All recorded trainings will be hosted on Behavior Therapy Specialists HIPAA compliant platform
- Trainings also offered on general behavior management procedures, train the trainer, and any other agency specific requests
- Quizzes and guided notes are offered for all trainings
- Feedback forms given to supervisors after observations conducted in home and workshop that may identify further training needs or show off staff that are doing a great job!
- Monthly behavior newsletters/short recordings to reinforce concepts and general training strategies
- Social skills groups to teach positive behaviors that can serve as replacements for challenging behaviors exhibited
Jessica is also able to offer training and certification in crisis de-escalation and personal safety techniques using a nationally recognized curriculum.
Contact Jessica at Jessica@behaviortherapyservices.com or call the office at 618-206-8816 for more information!